COVID-19 employer support
NZ govt Wage subsidy and Leave Payment available to support employers affected by COVID-19
Who can get it?
- your business must be registered and operating in New Zealand
- your employees must be legally working in New Zealand
- the business must have experienced a minimum 30% decline in actual or predicted revenue over the period of a month when compared with the same month last year, and that decline is related to COVID-19
- your business must have taken active steps to mitigate the impact of COVID-19
- you must make best efforts to retain employees and pay them a minimum of 80% of their normal income for the subsidised period.
The COVID-19 Wage Subsidy will be paid at a flat rate of:
- $585.80 for people working 20 hours or more per week
- $350.00 for people working less than 20 hours per week.
The subsidy is paid as a lump sum and covers 12 weeks per employee. This subsidy is for wages only. The maximum subsidy that can be paid to a business is $150,000.
Employer Application Link - supply following details
- your IRD number
- your business name
- your business address
- your New Zealand Business Number (NZBN)
- the names of your employees
- your employee IRD numbers
Self-employed Application Link - supply following details
- IRD number
- business name
- business address.